Email us @
Education- B.Sc.(Hons), Punjab University (1954)
- M.Sc.(Tech), Punjab University (1955)
- Ph.D., Punjab University (1965)
Dispersion of fluids in liquids from submerged nozzles
Engineering analysis of foam beds
Analysis of turbulent stirred dispersions
Bio-leaching of copper from lean ores
Multicomponent Precipitation involving small systems
Analysis of sonochemical reactors
Awards & Honors- Prof NR Das memorial lecture, NASc, 1997
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award, INSA, 1997
- Jawaharlal Nehru Birth Centenary Visiting Fellowship, INS, 1995
- FICCI Award for Physical Sciences, 1994
- Alumni Award for excellence in Research in Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, 1991
- Shri Om Prakash Bhasin Award for Engineering, 1991
- Syed Hussain Zaheer Medal for Engineering and Technology by INSA, 1989
- Dr. KG Naik Gold Medal given by M.S.University of Baroda, 1988
- Vasvik Award, 1986
- Herdilia Award for `Excellence in Basic Research?, given by IIChE, 1985
- Bhatnagar Prize for Engineering Sciences, given by CSIR, 1976
- Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering, Indian Academy of Sciences, Indian National Science Academy
Publications1. Bandyopadhyaya R, Kumar R and Gandhi K S, Modeling of CaCO3 nanoparticle formation during overbasing of lubricating oil additives. Langmuir 17, 1015-1029 (2001).
2. Bandyopadhyaya R, Kumar R and Gandhi K S, Simulation of precipitation reactions in reverse micelles. Langmuir 16, 7139-7149 (2000).
3. Niyogi D, Kumar R and Gandhi K S, Water blown free rise polyurethane foams. Polym. Engg. Sci. 39, 199-209 (1999).
4. Kumar S, Ganvir V, Satyanand C, Kumar R and Gandhi K S, Alternative mechanisms of drop breakup in stirred vessels. Chem. Eng. Sci. 53, 3269-3280 (1998).
5. Rajan R, Kumar R and Gandhi K S, Modelling of sonochemical oxidation of CCl4 in aqueous solutions Environ. Sci. Tech. 32, 1128--1133 (1998).