Email us @
Education- B. Tech., Chemical Engineering, Calcutta University (1961)
- M. Tech., Polymers, Calcutta University (1962)
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, IISc (1966)
ResearchPolymer science and technology
Waste water treatment
Awards & Honors- I.E.L. Award for Excellence in Process Development from the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1988
- International Scientific Exchange Award from National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1985., 1988, 1990, 1992.
- Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Biographical sketch in Marqui's Who's Who in the World, Millennium Edition, 2000, American Biographical Society
Publications1. Chanda M, Sarkar A and Modak J M, Ethoxylated polyethylenimine gel-coated on textile-grade acrylic fiber: a thermally regenerable superfast sorbent for water desalination. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 93, 883-893 (2004).
2. Chanda M and Rempel G L, A superfast sorbent based on textile-grade polyacrylonitrile fiber/fabric: rapid removal of uranium from mildly acidic aqueous solutions of low concentration. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 42, 5647-5655 (2003).
3. Chanda M and Rempel G L, A new method of gel-coating polyethylenimine (PEI) on organic resin beads: high capacity and fast kinetics of PEI gel-coated on polystyrene. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 40, 1624-1632 (2001).
4. Chanda M and Rempel G L, A gel-coated ion-exchange resin: a new kinetic model. Chem. Eng. Sci. 54, 3723-3733 (1999).
5. Naskar S, Pillai S A, and Chanda M, Photocatalytic degradation of organic dyes in aqueous solution with TiO2 nanoparticles immobilized on foamed polyethylene sheet. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A 113, 257-264 (1998).
1. M Chanda Introduction to Polymer Science and Chemistry: A Problem-Solving Approach, 2nd Ed. CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group (2013)
2. M Chanda and SK Roy, Plastics Technology Handbook, 4th Ed., CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group (2007)