Education- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras (1977)
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Houston (1979)
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Houston (1982)
Courses- CH 205 Chemical Reaction Engineering
- CH 244 Treatment of Drinking Water
- CH 207 Applied Statistics and Design of Experiments
ResearchClick here to visit the Group Page
Awards & Honors- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, 1992
- Best paper award for the papers published in the Indian Chemical Engineer during the year 2013
1. Samrat, M.V.V.N., Gandhi, K.S. and Rao, K.K., Modelling the adsorption of fluoride onto activated alumina in the presence of other ions, J. Environmental Chemical Engg. 8 (2020) 103934
2. Prairie, M. W., Frisbie, S. H., Rao, K. K., Saksri, A. H., Parbat, S., and Mitchell, E. J., An accurate, precise, and affordable light emitting diode spectrophotometer for drinking water and other testing with limited resources, PLoS ONE 15, e0226761 (2020).
3. Samrat, M.V.V.N., Rao, K.K., SenGupta, A.K., Riotte, J., and Mudakavi, J.R., Defluoridation of reject water from a reverse osmosis unit and synthetic water using adsorption, J. Water Process Engineering 23 (2018) 227 - 237.
4. Samrat, M.V.V.N., Rao, K.K., Ruggeri, B., and Tommasi, T., Denitrification of water in a microbial fuel cell (MFC) using seawater bacteria, J. Cleaner Production 178 (2018) 449 - 456.
5. Debnath, B., Rao, K.K., and Nott, P.R., The lift on a disc immersed in a rotating granular bed, AIChE J 63, 5482-5489 (2017)
1. Rao, KK, and Nott, PR, An Introduction to Granular Flow, Cambridge University Press (2008).