Email us @
Education- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, ACTech, Madras (1974)
- M.Sc (Engg)., Chemical Engineering, IISc (1987)
ResearchI have major interests in gas liquid reactions in Ejector systems. Using experiments and modelling, we have designed and analysed ejector systems for bubble size, holdup and interfacial area. Critical-ilty of bubble size is investigated in detail using high speed photography and image analysis.
Another of my interests lie in demonstration of experiments to students. Simple experiments are set up to enable students to understand the fundamentals and develop an interest in research. Some of these include silo music, flow of sand and water from bottles, putt-putt boat, bands in a rotating cylinder of sand containing particles of two sizes.
Awards & Honors- Best Paper Award in Chemcon, Trivandrum, India, 1989
1. Raghuram PT and Suneetha TB, Bubble size measurement and error analysis in a gas liquid ejector. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 19,442-446, (2012).
2. Raghuram PT, Interfacial area measurement in a gas-liquid ejector for a sodicum chloride - air system. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 16, 278-282 (2009).
3. Raghuram PT and Das TR, Holdup measurement in a gas-liquid ejector for a sodium chloride-air system. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology 13, 144-148, (2006).
4. Raghuram PT and Das TR, Bubble size measurement in a gas-liquid ejector for a Sodium chloride-Air system. J. Chem. Engg. of Japan. 35, 389-392 (2002).
5. Raghuram PT and Rao KK, Serendipity in the development of demonstration experiments Phys. Edu., U K 31, 313-320, (1996).